Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Future of rdiff-backup: Python 3 migration and

From: Bill Harris
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Future of rdiff-backup: Python 3 migration and project maintainership in general
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2019 20:25:16 -0700

Hello, Otto.

I have used rdiff-backup for quite a few years, and I find it largely does
what I want.

I would like to see it updated and key issues fixed or improved.  While I
can't say that rdiff-backup is completely irreplaceable, I wouldn't want to
see it disappear, I do like many of its features, and I haven't seen a
solution I like better yet.

So I support in general what you and others have described here. I don't
feel qualified at this point to vote on who ought to be doing what on the
project. From the way you described them, I have no issues with your
credentials for doing this sort of thing.

Bill