Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Future of rdiff-backup: Python 3 migration and

From: Andrew Foster
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Future of rdiff-backup: Python 3 migration and project maintainership in general
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2019 12:14:24 +1000

Hi all,

At Sol1 we have agreed it is best for the project to hand over official
maintainership to the people with the most expertise and resources to be
effective. To echo Dave's reply, we regret not being able to service the
project properly, but continue to be keen users of the software, and are
happy to continue contributing where possible.

For now it seems as though Eric and Otto are both well placed to provide
leadership, and I propose to add them as read/write collaborators on the
existing repository immediately.

The most time pressing issue is the Debian package auto-deletion. Otto -
what do you need in order to address this?

Further to Patrik's suggestion, I agree it's best to give rdiff-backup a
permanent home rather than shifting repositories around with
maintainers. I have submitted a support request with Github asking if we
are able to claim the inactive organisation at
https://github.com/rdiff-backup. While we wait for a response and/or
figure out an alternative can I ask we continue using
https://github.com/sol1/rdiff-backup as the canonical center of
activity, mainly so we don't split-brain the issues and PRs.

Regards,

- Andy
--
http://sol1.com.au