pyatcron-devel-list

RE: [Pyatcron-devel-list] Task list in the main window

From: Childers, Matthew
Subject: RE: [Pyatcron-devel-list] Task list in the main window
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 08:17:29 -0600

Evolution.

> Now, for the UI, do you think we should have "activate" and
> "de-activate" buttons in the main menu ? In the toolabr ? Or
everything
> in the task's properties ?

Here's what I am afraid of, someone accidentally disabling a task that
they want running by "mis-clicking" on the main window.  If we put it
inside the task's properties, then you would have to open up the task to
enable it, and then click apply or ok, to "save" the changes.  This way
if you haven't made any changes, you can click cancel and be confident
that nothing on it has changed.

Now, another option may be to give people the option, in a preferences,
where they could have the activate checkbox in the listbox or in the
properties.  Because for me, if the tasks I were running were just on my
laptop, and weren't real important, I would like the checkbox in the
listbox.  It would be quick and easy to activate/deactivate a task,
however, if it were on something more important, I would want it inside
the properties, because I wouldn't want to accidentally turn off a task
that was really important.

What do you all think?