pyatcron-devel-list

RE: [Pyatcron-devel-list] Task list in the main window

From: Childers, Matthew
Subject: RE: [Pyatcron-devel-list] Task list in the main window
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 15:17:44 -0600

> In fact you have to specify the color as a string, like "#FF0000" :)
> Weird, isn't it ?
>
> My only concern would be that hardcoding the "grey-out" color might
not
> be a good idea. Isn't there a way to retrieve the exact color from the
> GTK theme or something ?

Ok, the theme info is kept in ~/.gtkrc, and there is a line
text[INSENSITIVE] that keeps the "greyed-out" text color.  I don't know
of any way to access this information other than accessing the gtkrc
file itself.  Now, my .gtkrc file has one line which is an include
statement of the gtkrc file for the theme I am using.  So my question
is: Do we want to go ahead and write a function that will access the
gtkrc file, and follow any includes, and parse the information out of
it?  I imagine that we will have other things that we need to access the
theme information on, so maybe it should be something we work at.  What
do you all think?  I will also look at some of the other config tools
and see what they do, maybe they already have something like that
written.

Matt