pyatcron-devel-list

[Pyatcron-devel-list] interfacing with cron

From: Childers, Matthew
Subject: [Pyatcron-devel-list] interfacing with cron
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 14:42:01 -0600

Do any of you have any ideas how to interface with cron.  So when we do
add a task and save them, how are we going to update the cron jobs?  I
originally thought we would just write into the users crontab file, but
aren't you supposed to use the crontab binary to install a new crontab?
I'm not sure if that is just so it can parse it and make sure it is
correct, or if it will work by writing to the crontab directly.  This
isn't a pressing matter, but I just wanted to see what you all thought.

Thanks,
Matt