pyatcron-devel-list

RE: [Pyatcron-devel-list] Task list in the main window

From: Childers, Matthew
Subject: RE: [Pyatcron-devel-list] Task list in the main window
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 11:19:16 -0600

Lets just say I understood the concept of creating a extensible
interface.  After that, it's greek to me.  ;-)

> > That sounds like a good plan.
> >

> Yes, and I forgot to add that it's even possible to load the wanted
> widget from an external glade file, which should be provided with the
> plugins.
>
> > I was wondering why it wasn't centering on the parent.  I will make
> > note of that.  Thanks.
> >

> It took me 1 year to understand this :)
>
> > Your right there, I won't learn it if I don't use it, but I am
> > definitely not yet to the point of creating the interfaces that we
will
> > be using.  I have learned a lot in the past couple days by taking
your
> > mockups and playing with them, and looking over your code.  I like
this,
> > because I get to see how it is done, and then I can play with adding
> > modifications.  Before we started yesterday I didn't know anything
about
> > the TreeView widget and after trying to get the "grey-ed" out option
> > working, I am very well versed in it.  So this method of exploring
it
> > after you get it working, works really well for me.
> >

> Cool. I'll make the foundations and you'll build on it. I like it :)

Great.

> > That works for me, I will try and start working on it this evening.
> > may have some questions, as I am new to OO programming as well.  :-)
> > Don't you just love newbie's.
> >

> Well, in this case we are 2. I'm also (almost) a beginner in OO
> programming as I used to program in C most of the time. But I have
some
> C++ basis anyway.

I worked a little on the PyAtCronTask class last night, and got the
activate/deactivate and delete working.  However, when I was doing it I
really didn't have a clue what I was doing implementing the class.  I
basically created a class with some of the functions that were in the
original class and then call those.  This morning I realized that I need
(I believe) to create a class that is basically a Task Object, that
holds the information for each task (I wasn't thinking OO last night).
So I need to redo the class, but I am going to hold off until we get it
defined like Xavier was talking about this morning.

I am going to go ahead and attach what I did, just so you can see how I
dealt with the taskList, removing and updating the rows.  But NOT for
the PyAtCronTask class I created, just ignore that totally.  :)

> > Go ahead and work on the interfaces, and I will play with them once
you
> > are done, and learn them.  I will go ahead and start the
PyAtCronTask
> > class.
> >

> Great.
>
> > If no one else is an artist (not that I am), I will do some work
with
> > logo.
> >

> He he ! I'm curious to see that :)

Me too!  ;-)