pyatcron-devel-list

RE: [Pyatcron-devel-list] Task list in the main window

From: Childers, Matthew
Subject: RE: [Pyatcron-devel-list] Task list in the main window
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 14:47:20 -0600

Right.  For a Task class would we have all the information defining the
task.  Last night I kept thinking, I wonder if python has something
similar to a C structure.  Then this morning I realized, oh yeah, all I
need to do is make a class.  :)  Now that I'm thinking on the right
level, these are my thoughts:

First we have a PyAtCronTask class that contains all the Task
attributes, like the following:
        o Task Name
        o Task Type - Separate class
        o Schedule - Separate class
        o Status - Active/Inactive
        o (any others? This is all I can think of right off hand)

The task type would be a class that I guess will be dynamically loaded.
Is that what we decided?

Then the PyAtCronTaskSchedule class would hold all the minutes, hours,
days, etc that the task would run.

Does this make sense?  Any comments?

> Anyway, at least now you know how to add/remove/activate/inactivate
> tasks. Just a not though: when you activate/deactivate a task, you
have
> to refresh the status of the toolbar/mainmenu buttons by calling
> updateCurrentTask ().

Oh yeah, I did forget that.