pyatcron-devel-list

RE: [Pyatcron-devel-list] Task list in the main window

From: Julien Olivier
Subject: RE: [Pyatcron-devel-list] Task list in the main window
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 10:33:07 +0000

> I also wanted to add, that I like the idea of the checkboxes, but what
> about moving them inside a properties dialog box.  And maybe just
> putting a check mark pixmap in the Active column if it is activated.  I
> just can see problems with someone accidentally de-activating a task
> while trying to select one.  I don't know, that is just my thought, what
> do you all think?

Hi Matthew.

First thing: you sent me an email with your latest modifications. It
would be better if you sent them to the list too, so that Xavier can
look at it.

Now my comments:

 - Finally, I don't like the idea of _displaying_ the type of task in
the list. I think it clutters the list but doesn't add anything. I mean
that if your task has a good name (like "backup my HOME folder", or
"Download CD2"), the type is quite obvious. And knowing which command
will be executed or which plugin provides the task's function doesn't
seem useful on the main list view.

 - The next run time could be useful though. Especially if we can make
it possible to sort the list on it. One thing I'm not sure: I think we
should display the "next run time" on disabled tasks too.

 - The last thing is that, if we decide to not use checkbox in the list
view, why not removing the "active" column and simply graying inactive
tasks ? I think that would make it easier to see which tasks are active
and which are not.

I'll try to create a mockup soon.

--
Julien Olivier <address@hidden>