[phpGroupWare-users] RE: [phpGroupWare coordinators] Goodbye

From: Sigurd Nes
Subject: [phpGroupWare-users] RE: [phpGroupWare coordinators] Goodbye
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 14:07:55 +0200 (MEST)

Hi all,

I have plans for it and want to keep it alive.

I think the best approach will be to focus on the system as a general
application development framework - starting with the API and some core modules
(admin, setup, preferences).
I also think the majority of the existing applications without a minimum level
of maintenance has to be put in a historical archive for future reference and a
possible source of inspiration only.

Important features are:
 * user-handling
 * integration capabilities (xmlrpc/soap/ldap...)
 * building blocks for ui as super-objects prepared to utilize common elements
(as tables, lists, calendars)
 * mechanism for internal integration across modules

I will fix the API (and core) to a usable state (running php 5.3) - and update
to the latest 3-party libraries.

I think that once the system is in a shape that makes is possible to install
and operate - it will attract developers and users.

Regards

Sigurd