[phpGroupWare-users] Re: [phpGroupWare coordinators] Goodbye

From: Dan Kuykendall
Subject: [phpGroupWare-users] Re: [phpGroupWare coordinators] Goodbye
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 23:22:41 -0700

Hi all,

My preference at this point would be to shut down the project. It seems like the codebase is just too outdated. Maybe at somepoint it would be worth picking up and starting from scratch with all thats been learned both in phpGW and across all the various projects in the open source community these last 9+ years.

Anyways, if a clear vision can be had and a developer to continue it is around, then please contact me... otherwise a leaderless project is a dead one.

Dan

Dr. Christian Böttger wrote:
Hi,

Dave Hall schrieb:

I will keep my message here brief, but I am stepping down from all of my
roles within the project effectively immediately.

Obviously, we all have to respect your decision. Nevertheless, it's a pity.

Thanks a lot for all your work for phpGW.

If people still want to continue the project I will assist with the
transition.  I am also available to assist with any shutdown.

Well, it would be sad if we had to shut down phpGW. The code base might
be a bit outdated (php4), but the concept of phpGW of being more that
just calendar, mail and addressbook is stil valid and rather unique.
Most "modern" groupware systems just focus on these "essentials" - it's
easier to maintain.

Unfortunately, I have no programming power at hand to contribute - I
myself am not a programmer any more...

Hope we find a way to continue

Regards

Christian aka bofh42