Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Is no one using this under NT/IIS?

From: Alex Borges (lex)
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-users] Is no one using this under NT/IIS?
Date: 11 Dec 2002 11:53:20 -0600

What i dont understand is why not use apache. I think many (I can, i
have vmware and w2k on it) can gather an NT box and spook apache into
it, work arround all the bugs. Using apache2 with threaded backend is a
mighty solution even on windows (where multiprocess design in apache 1.3
was prohibitive because of windows evil architecture).
But IIS is much more expensive, harder to find the devels to support it.
Whomever is playing with this should really look this other way. It will
be MUCH MUCH easyer. There are no constraint in the database end you can
still try to use mssql (there has been an effort to support it already),
the only thing to change would be the IIS. Hell, run apache in another
port and reverse proxy that on your II, turn off keepalives in the
apache while you are at it.

I mean, unless we see someone jumping IVE GOT IIS AND ARE WILLING TO
PORT!, we (correct me if im wrong) should recomend you to move to a
slightly different solution (w2k+apache+php).