Re: [paragui-users] Thoughts on: Dual licensing? ParaGUI contributors pl

From: Teunis Peters
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] Thoughts on: Dual licensing? ParaGUI contributors please!
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 07:20:54 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003, Asko Kauppi wrote:

> what's the idea of MIT/GPL and not just MIT?
>
> my suggestion was the FreeType2 BSD-like/GPL dual license, since FT2 is
> included anyways, and it has the "copyright clause" you wanted.

this is the trouble:
- my code includes some modified glib (from GTK+2.0) (Library GPL license)
- the code uses SDL (Library GPL license)
- The C++ ParaGUI is Library GPL license as well.

There may be others as well.  At this point from what I can tell, unless
ALL the authers of ALL the code are willing to dual license, it must
remain as it stands.

hrm.
*scritches head*
oh well.

I can't see around this for static programs.
dynamic programs aren't a problem.

*selfthinks* maybe look on www.embedded-linux.org and seeing what
solutions they have to this conundrum.

G'day, eh? :)