Re: [paragui-users] searching: democratically organized order; will also

From: Mark Junker
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] searching: democratically organized order; will also take dictatorship :)
Date: 05 Sep 2003 17:45:00 +0100

> On 3 Sep 2003, Mark Junker wrote:

>>> LGPL doesn't really restrict bundling that much, except (and I'd have to
>>> verify this) in the case of static distribution.
>> Yes, that's really a problem - especially for DOS extenders <g>.

> And the entirely seperate q -
> What devel env still uses dos extenders?
PC 104 x86 boards using embedded DOS

> So flip side, would it be worth it to have a helper lib to provide .dll
> around here somewhere though I'd have to ask the other programmer if that
> was okay.
What about WDOSX? It's a cool DOS extender that has DLL support, contains a
(very small and basic) Win32 API emulation and it is very stable too.

> PS: paragui's not really setup for anything other than a 32bit (or higher)
> environment.  Could be done I suppose.
Maybe. But it'll take some more time till 64 bit processors will be used
widely in the embedded area. Many embedded system still use 16 bit processors
(or even a PIC <uargh>).

Best regards,
Mark Junker