Re: [paragui-users] searching: democratically organized order; will also

From: Teunis Peters
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] searching: democratically organized order; will also take dictatorship :)
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 02:37:38 -0700 (PDT)

On 3 Sep 2003, Mark Junker wrote:

> > LGPL doesn't really restrict bundling that much, except (and I'd have to
> > verify this) in the case of static distribution.
> Yes, that's really a problem - especially for DOS extenders <g>.

And the entirely seperate q -
What devel env still uses dos extenders?

I'm curious actually because I haven't used one since *thinking* somewhere
around '97 (Watcom C++/dos4gw and/or TASM+pmode :)
A friend and I wrote this cool DLL loader that would allow us to write our
own extender (or extend pmode - which is what we did) back then.  Lots of
fun.  (actually that was ~93-94-ish we did that).  At that point I was
mostly playing with linux for fun and doing most of my real projects
under DOS as at that point I could see getting a living that way.

scary thing is in all the years of programming I've done, I've never
really earned a living doing this stuff.

So flip side, would it be worth it to have a helper lib to provide .dll
around here somewhere though I'd have to ask the other programmer if that
was okay.

G'day, eh? :)
        - Teunis

PS: paragui's not really setup for anything other than a 32bit (or higher)
environment.  Could be done I suppose.