Re: [paragui-users] Text rendering + OpenGL

From: Teunis Peters
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] Text rendering + OpenGL
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 11:38:50 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003, Roger D. Vargas wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Feb 2003, Teunis Peters wrote:
>
> > I'll look into it further... but two issues *sigh*:
> > - The primary paragui maintainers -really- don't like additional library
> > dependencies...
> Not only primary maintainers.

I'm thinking it depends on the dependencies...  and the level of impact.
having an -optional- component -CHECK- for gtk/kde/... whatever should be
acceptable.  REQUIRING any of these components should be bad.  They ARE
after all core parts of pretty much most linux distributions.
*grrr*
but I'm looking into another solution for my beef about that later.
(it has to do with internationalization support)

so what can be done about this?
actually just be happy that SDL keeps most of these checks out of the core :)

G'day, eh? :)
        - Teunis