[paragui-users] How to create custom ParaGui apps....

From: SkyFlash
Subject: [paragui-users] How to create custom ParaGui apps....
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 13:01:09 -0700

Ok, I tried overloading the PGapplication class but couldnt cause its
all private in there.
Of course i can change the ParaGUI source and make it protected, but
thats useless when new ParaGui versions come out...

What i really need to do is to have the SDL_Init also INIT audio (I
guess I can call it again, but that doesnt make sense, however it DOES
make sense to have it so that ParaGUI can initialize SDL the correct
way... so I think that should be changed to offer the possibility to
hand in the init flags.)

Now, what is the intended way to have ParaGui interact with the rest of
the app that draws into the Apps mainscreen?
I saw some mutex code, but that doesnt really prevent my app to draw on
top of the already drawn gui... which isnt really useful.

Any other ideas or suggestions?

BTW, how many people are there in this list? :)
Are the devs on this list too, or just users?
Are the devs still around at all?

SkyFlash