Re: [Paparazzi-devel] GPS receiver GS407

From: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Heinrich Warmers
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] GPS receiver GS407
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2013 23:08:48 +0100

Hi Rolf,
is it a battery, akku or a super cab ?
In the past i found that i had to power on the GPS modules  about 4 times a year for more than an hour.
The old SAM LS module has a battery. For proper  function i had to connect the battery connectors pins
to make the GPS working with no battery.
If the voltage of the battery is to low the module fails totally.

Heinrich

Rolf Nöllenburg schrieb:
Hi

My 407 arrived and shows the same behaviour: connects fine with ucenter, doesn't keep changes.
I tried to connect an additional backup-battery which helps to keep the settings but this is not my prefered solution for this issue.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------