Re: [Paparazzi-devel] GPS not working

From: Jaime Rubio
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] GPS not working
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2012 13:00:28 -0400

Hello,

I am really having a hard time with the GPS. What previously worked in Ucenter is no longer working.

I plug the GPS through a FTDI cable and Ucenter is not able to read anything.

Any help? How should I proceed with Ucenter? The wiki is not useful for me anymore!

Thanks!

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 3:29 PM, Chris Wozny <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 6:35 AM, Jaime Rubio
<address@hidden> wrote:

> I have added what you suggested me, but there is no GPS in the Ground Control Station. The only lines in the airframe file I have related to GPS (Ublox LEA 6H) are:
>
>  <modules>
>     <load name="gps_ubx_ucenter.xml" >
>     </load>
>   </modules>
>
>     <subsystem name="gps" type="ublox">
>     </subsystem>

Setting the GPS up was extremely quick for us in uCenter and the only
thing the airframe required was defining the subsystem as "ublox". If
I were having this much trouble, I would hook up the GPS module to a
USB-to-UART connector and make sure the configuration didn't get wiped
due to a dead battery or something. If you're using Linux or OSX you
can check it with the "screen" command.

> How long should the GCS take to detect any GPS signal? I have to connect the rx from the GPS to the tx in Yapa and tx from GPS to rx in Yapa, haven't I? By the way, I have Ucenter in Windows, not in Ubuntu, just if this could be the reason.

Our GS407 (based on uBlox LEA-5H) took probably a minute or two to get
it's first position lock outdoors.