Re: Any active maintainers using MinGW/MSYS?

From: Earnie Boyd
Subject: Re: Any active maintainers using MinGW/MSYS?
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 17:06:24 -0500

Quoting "J. Grant" <address@hidden>:

Hi!

[...]
Building a native make with MSYS isn't the issue. Using the native make within MSYS may be.

Is there a document which describes the process of building an MSYS runtime GNU Make executable? Or could you give it a try and run the testsuite to check it for us..?

I've been very busy and recently on a week of vacation. My intention is to create a MinGWiki page to describe it but basicly:

1) You need msysDVLPR alpha package from the Snapshot installed into the same prefix as MSYS. 2) You need to start an MSYS environment with ``MSYSTEM=MSYS start /msys''; this will give a new window where ``uname -s'' should begin with MSYS_ instead of MINGW32_. 3) Find all references in the source to __CYGWIN__ or __CYGWIN32__ and add or replace it with __MSYS__; if there are any. 4) You'll need to replace the delivered config.guess and config.sub with the ones in /usr/share/libtool; alternatively you can modify config.guess and config.sub in the package to add a filter for MSYS whereever you find one for CYGWIN.
5) configure && make.

Note, though the make version currently used in MSYS and CYGWIN is modified from the official release. I do not know what the modifications are but some of them add a --win32 and --unix switch.

Earnie Boyd

http://shop.siebunlimited.com