Re: make3.81-beta4 mingw not failing on error?

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: make3.81-beta4 mingw not failing on error?
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 16:28:19 -0500

%% Matt England <address@hidden> writes:

  me> Is this this not the way it's supposed to work on mingw/msys?

You have to tell us: none of us (Eli or me, anyway) have a mingw/msys
system.  Personally I don't have a system that runs Windows.

  me> For what it's worth, you'll get feedback much more quickly if you
  me> just take the files and run them yourself.  (Can I make a .tar.gz
  me> attachment to these emails to make it easier?  I'll try with this
  me> note.)  But I'm happy to make these edits and get back to the
  me> this.  Stay tuned.

To be clear: the non-POSIX ports of GNU make are 100% volunteer driven.
None of the official maintainers have any Windows systems: we can't even
run the regression tests on those ports ourselves.  We rely completely
on folks on the mailing lists to do all the development, support, and
maintenance of these ports.

So, we cannot take the files and run them, except on POSIX systems,
which seems like it would not be helpful for mingw/msys-specific
errors.