Re: Any active maintainers using MinGW/MSYS?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Any active maintainers using MinGW/MSYS?
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 06:48:41 +0200

> Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 17:28:28 -0500
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>, address@hidden, address@hidden
> From: "Paul D. Smith" <address@hidden>
>
> Unfortunately, I really don't have any one designated maintainer for
> each port.  I have a few "usual suspects" that I talk to for most of the
> ports.  For Windows issues of any type, I typically send things to the
> make-w32 list and hope someone responds.  Eli is one of the best there,
> but he only does DOS and native Windows, not mingw/msys etc., as far as
> I know.

I do use MinGW.  MinGW is just the native Windows ports of GNU
software, such as GCC and Make.  The compiler I use is GCC in its
MinGW port, but I don't use MSYS and its runtime DLL, so the ported
programs run natively on Windows.

The shell I use is an old port of zsh.  It has some bugs (so it will
not currently run a typical configure script), but it's good enough to
run Makefile's that need a Unixy shell.