lwip-members

Re: [lwip-members] RFC: ports

From: Jani Monoses
Subject: Re: [lwip-members] RFC: ports
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 16:29:38 +0200

Hi

> Hello,
>
> > Well since arch contributors would have full rights anyway what's the
> harm with a new module?
> >
> Because the Savannah documentation does not mention there being a
> non-standard module would be
> my only complaint.

I don't understand this..what do you mean by non standard module
look at the savannah project itself for example, has a lots of modules
http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/savannah/

also the GNU Hurd project

http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/hurd/

differently evolving modules get different CVS modules...
each separately checkoutable...

> If we choose to make a seperate module, I would rather suggest "contrib" in
> which everything non-
> core goes.

contrib is ok

> > I'd personally like to checkout only what I need, cvs updates to update
> just what I need,
> > namespace pollution to stay at minimum (identifier names tend to repeat
> across ports indeed they must)
> >
> You would normally achieve this by doing a full checkout, deleting the
> directories you are not
> interested in, and using the flag "do not create missing directories that
> exist in the repository"
> (I do not remember from heart which CVS flag this is).

no flag actually :) there's a flag -d to update new dirs too..