lwip-members

Re: [lwip-members] RFC: ports

From: Jani Monoses
Subject: Re: [lwip-members] RFC: ports
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 14:52:30 +0200

> We _can_ define an additional arch module and that would work, BUT there is
> no
> way to restrict access to that module on Savannah as we cannot run our own
> scripts.
> So, I much prefer hanging 'arch' under 'lwip' and giving arch contributors
> (full)
> CVS access rights.
Well since arch contributors would have full rights anyway what's the harm with
a new module?

I'd personally like to checkout only what I need, cvs updates to update just
what I need,
namespace pollution to stay at minimum (identifier names tend to repeat across
ports indeed they must)
And another thing that counts :when making a release we don't have to make sure
all arch's are uptodate
and well tested. Release the core only.If we release with archs included but
they need updates form CVS
then it's not a 'real release' anyhow.

Jani.