lwip-members

Re: [lwip-members] RFC: ports

From: leon . woestenberg
Subject: Re: [lwip-members] RFC: ports
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 13:19:46 +0100

Hello everyone,

> can't we  make a new module cvsroot/lwip-ports ? NOT inside lwip of
course.

No. cvsroot is where all Savannah projects are.

/cvsroot/lwip/ is where our project directory is. It has the CVSROOT module
and our lwip module:

/cvsroot/lwip/CVSROOT
/cvsroot/lwip/lwip

It is documented in Savannah documentation that a single module called
"lwip"
resides there, so:

/cvsroot/lwip/lwip/

We _can_ define an additional arch module and that would work, BUT there is
no
way to restrict access to that module on Savannah as we cannot run our own
scripts.
So, I much prefer hanging 'arch' under 'lwip' and giving arch contributors
(full)
CVS access rights.

> also having include a top level dir just as source is cleaner too and is
more common AFAIK

This is the new proposed tree:

lwip/doc
lwip/src/api
lwip/src/arch
lwip/src/arch/<name>
lwip/src/arch/<name>/api
lwip/src/arch/<name>/doc
lwip/src/arch/<name>/netif
lwip/src/lib
lwip/src/netif
lwip/src/proto
lwip/src/include
lwip/src/include/lib
lwip/src/include/netif
lwip/src/include/proto

I would like to hear from other lwip-members about their thoughts also
before we
make such a change.

Regards,

Leon