lwip-members

Re: [lwip-members] RFC: ports

From: Jani Monoses
Subject: Re: [lwip-members] RFC: ports
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 12:55:37 +0200

Well we can do all this step by step and I think the
platform dependent parts and my suggestion of a different module
is independent of how we restructure the rest of lwip
Hence the suggestion of moving arch out of lwip.
arch,platform,port any name will do with lwip prefix maybe.

> Some issues I can think of:
>
> SAVANNAH:
>
> First of all, Savannah documentation assumes there is just _one_
> module with the same name as the CVS repository subdirectory.

> So, I think we should NOT put other modules inside
> /cvsroot/lwip/ but instead restructure the current lwip module.
you mean cvsroot is where all savannah projects live and ther's one module per
project??
I think sourceforge has this feature.
can't we  make a new module cvsroot/lwip-ports ? NOT inside lwip of course.

cvs checkout lwip and do work on the core
cvs checkout lwip-ports if you need examples or a specific port

and import the current arch dir in the new module

As far as the rest of the tree is concerned the layout is not that bad
but we could have a proto (as Adam suggested) with TCP/IP code

src/proto       (tcp,ip,icmp v4 and v6 versions)
src/lib         (pbuf,memalloc,sys, helpers) -for stuff which is changeable
with different implementations.Different
                timers,memory routines even modified pbuf layers can replace
the original ones
src/api         (current stuff)
src/?app?       (dhcp,??) although this might go to proto too.
src/netif       (current stuff)

also having include a top level dir just as source is cleaner too and is more
common AFAIK

Jani.