lwip-members

Re: [lwip-members] RFC: ports

From: leon . woestenberg
Subject: Re: [lwip-members] RFC: ports
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 11:32:13 +0100

Hello all,

the idea to restructure the directory layout is fine with me, but
I think we should first find a good tree layout first.

Some issues I can think of:

SAVANNAH:

First of all, Savannah documentation assumes there is just _one_
module with the same name as the CVS repository subdirectory.

So, I think we should NOT put other modules inside
/cvsroot/lwip/ but instead restructure the current lwip module.

ARCH:

The architecture directory really is a mix of architecture, operating
system support, compiler and socket abstraction layer, or a part
of this. Does "arch" cover the name, or should we use port?

What tree do you have in mind?

lwip/api
lwip/arch
lwip/arch/<name>
lwip/arch/<name>/api
lwip/arch/<name>/doc
lwip/arch/<name>/netif
lwip/doc
lwip/include
lwip/include/netif
lwip/netif

Have protocols and support in the main tree?

lwip/ip.c
lwip/pbuf.c

(This is my favorite approach to reduce the current tree complexity).

Have protocols and support in seperate subdirs?

lwip/protocols/ip.c
lwip/support/pbuf.c

Have protocols and support in 'core' dir?

lwip/core/ip.c
lwip/core/pbuf.c

Regards, Leon