lmi

Re: [lmi] Wrong wxFlexGridSizer usage in about_dialog.cpp

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] Wrong wxFlexGridSizer usage in about_dialog.cpp
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 18:16:26 +0000

On 2010-01-14 22:37Z, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 17:33:40 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> GC> I also added the wxMAXIMIZE_BOX style, but that gave me a grayed-out
> GC> minimize box, which looked confusing; maybe msw just won't let us have
> GC> one without the other?
>
>  Yes, exactly.

For the "license" dialog, the maximize and close buttons make sense;
the minimize button does not. If msw insists on displaying a grayed
minimize button, then so be it--we shouldn't go to heroic lengths to
remove it--but I do think it's better to offer the maximize button,
as in $Id: about_dialog.cpp 4740 2010-01-18 17:48:23Z chicares $.

I experimentally enabled the minimize button and found that clicking
it minimized the application and gave focus to another application.
That seemed weird, so I just thought I'd mention it (though it doesn't
matter for lmi, because we have no reason to enable that button here).
That'd different from the behavior I observe with 'word 97':
  Help | About
  click "System Info"
  minimize the "System Information" dialog
In that example, focus doesn't shift to a different application, FWIW.