lmi

Re: [lmi] Wrong wxFlexGridSizer usage in about_dialog.cpp

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] Wrong wxFlexGridSizer usage in about_dialog.cpp
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 23:45:26 +0000

On 2010-01-14 22:37Z, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:

> Notice that I used SetSizerAndFit() instead of 2 calls as it does exactly
> the same thing but it seems more clear to me to call one method of the
> window object instead of 2 methods on 2 different objects. I also removed
> the unnecessary SetAutoLayout() as this is done by SetSizer() anyhow. I

Committed 20100117T2332Z.

> also added SetFocus() call as otherwise the focus is initially given to the
> HTML window which has really no use for it (it doesn't even have scrollbars
> so there is no need to scroll it, which might be convenient to do from
> keyboard). These changes are unrelated to wxFlexGridSizer removal and
> should IMO be done even if you finally prefer to keep wxFlexGridSizer.

I think we should set focus either in both dialogs, or in neither.
SetFocus() is a good idea for the "about" dialog in isolation; but
for the "license" dialog, it would make the up and down keys work
unnaturally--the first keypress would shift focus without scrolling,
and subsequent keypresses would scroll. To me at least, having an
unfocused default pushbutton on both seems less surprising than the
other possibilities.