lmi

Re[2]: [lmi] Wrong wxFlexGridSizer usage in about_dialog.cpp

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re[2]: [lmi] Wrong wxFlexGridSizer usage in about_dialog.cpp
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 21:23:51 +0100

On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 17:37:32 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> Consistency is better. In revision 4736 of 20100114T1755Z, I made
GC> border values consistent, and I happened to choose the same value
GC> (two) that you selected as a default

 I'm not sure about this. The default border used under Windows by
wxSizerFlags is 5 pixels. Which is arbitrary/wrong, of course, but I could
never find any definitive answer to what should it be under Windows (both
Gnome and Apple have explicit answers in their HIGs, but not Microsoft). At
the very least it's clear that this size should be expressed in dialog
units (i.e. be proportional to the size of the font used) and currently we
don't even do this.

GC> Or would you rather do that and send a fresh omnibus patch?

 I think by now it would be simpler if you could do it because I believe
your current version has already diverged with all the versions I have
here and it's probably easier for you to modify the code to use
wxSizerFlags directly instead of applying my patch. But if you think such
patch could still be useful, I could provide it, of course. Please let me
know if you need it.

 Thanks,
VZ