lmi

Re[3]: [lmi] Wrong wxFlexGridSizer usage in about_dialog.cpp

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re[3]: [lmi] Wrong wxFlexGridSizer usage in about_dialog.cpp
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 21:32:47 +0100

On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 21:23:51 +0100 I wrote:

VZ> On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 17:37:32 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
VZ>
VZ> GC> Consistency is better. In revision 4736 of 20100114T1755Z, I made
VZ> GC> border values consistent, and I happened to choose the same value
VZ> GC> (two) that you selected as a default
VZ>
VZ>  I'm not sure about this. The default border used under Windows by
VZ> wxSizerFlags is 5 pixels. Which is arbitrary/wrong, of course, but I could
VZ> never find any definitive answer to what should it be under Windows

 Of course, 5 minutes after writing this I did find the Windows Vista HIG:

And it does contain the border sizes (at the very end). Unfortunately,
although unsurprisingly, there is no single border size fitting everything.
But the best value that we could use seems to be 4 dialog units or 7 pixels
at 96 dpi. I think I'm going to change default wxSizer border to use it in
wxMSW.

 Regards,
VZ