Re: imread on Octave 3.2.0 for Windows

From: Koen Vermeer
Subject: Re: imread on Octave 3.2.0 for Windows
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 11:47:32 +0200

On Sat, 2009-06-13 at 11:06 +0900, Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:
> This topic is limited to the windows version of octave which can be
> dowloadded from octave-forge
> repository so that the post should be done to address@hidden but not
> address@hidden

OK, if you say so... I'll reply to help-octave as well, though, because
I think that's where most inexperienced users (like myself) will look
first and that's where I posted the problem initially. The Octave
homepage doesn't mention the sourceforge-lists.

> I have tried the imread and encountered the same error.  This may be occurred
> by miss packaging of
> 'magic.mgk'.  I have tried the several folders to place 'magic.mgk' but
> unfortunately I could not find
> the place.  So this issue can be fixed only package maintainer Benjamin
> Lindar.

I was able to fix it by installing GraphicsMagick and setting some
environment variable (something like MAGICK_CONFIG_PATH). I can post the
correct name of the environment variable on Monday.

Best,
Koen