Re: imread on Octave 3.2.0 for Windows

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: imread on Octave 3.2.0 for Windows
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 09:37:46 +0900 (JST)

Hello

--- Koen Vermeer wrote:

> On Sat, 2009-06-13 at 11:06 +0900, Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:
> > This topic is limited to the windows version of octave which can be
> > dowloadded from
> octave-forge
> > repository so that the post should be done to address@hidden but not
> > address@hidden
>
> OK, if you say so... I'll reply to help-octave as well, though, because
> I think that's where most inexperienced users (like myself) will look
> first and that's where I posted the problem initially. The Octave
> homepage doesn't mention the sourceforge-lists.

The octave-dev  ML is not mentioned in octave homepage but mentioned in
octave-forge HP.
I admit that it is not easy to find it if you directly access to the octave
download page.

Almost all maintainers and contributors are subscribed in not only octave ML
but also octave-dev ML so
that reliability of octave-dev list is not lower than the list in octave
project.

> > I have tried the imread and encountered the same error.  This may be
> > occurred by miss
> packaging of
> > 'magic.mgk'.  I have tried the several folders to place 'magic.mgk' but
> > unfortunately I could
> not find
> > the place.  So this issue can be fixed only package maintainer Benjamin
> > Lindar.
>
> I was able to fix it by installing GraphicsMagick and setting some
> environment variable (something like MAGICK_CONFIG_PATH). I can post the
> correct name of the environment variable on Monday.

Good!

I will wait to your and Benjamin's comments and after that I will revise the
OctaveForWinows Wiki.

Thanks!

Regards

Tatsuro