Re: imread on Octave 3.2.0 for Windows

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: imread on Octave 3.2.0 for Windows
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 15:07:46 -0400

On 15-Jun-2009, Benjamin Lindner wrote:

| It's a packaging error on my side. I missed to install the configuration
| files. Plus graphicsmagick must be slightly patched to look at the right
| paths to find them.
|
| It will be fixed in the 3.2.1 release.

There is no need to wait for Octave 3.2.1 to be released to fix a
packaging error.  There are often minor releases of the Debian
packages for the same Octave version.  I'd recommend doing the same if
you need to fix packaging problems.  It does help if you append some
extra version info to the file you distribute so one can identify
which binary release it is.  For example, you might use something like
octave-3.2.0-1_i686... for the name of the installer file.

jwe