Re: Configure liboctave for MSVC ...

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Configure liboctave for MSVC ...
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 10:43:24 +0100

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 5:00 AM, Lam Pak Kit<address@hidden> wrote:
> Dear all,
>

> According to the Readme.MSVC file, I will need a globbing library in order
> to compile Octave for MSVC.  However, I cannot locate such a library on
> octave (although the readme file says so).  On google, I do find the
> following one:
>

> http://users.tkk.fi/~mniemenm/glob/index.html
>

> Would this one work?
>

> Also, I am assuming the following steps described in the Readme file is
> referring to the globbing library, as it does not work on the base octave
> package.  Am I right?
>

>   * download and decompress the sources
>
>   * run "./configure.vc" (you can edit it to change the installation dir)
>
>   * run "make"
>
>   * run "make install"
>

> Any help on this will be very much appreciated.

All the information contained in that readme file has been made obsolete
when the support for octave MSVC binaries was dropped. So you
shouldn't pay to much attention to it and I guess that file should be removed
in further octave releases.

I don't think the link you mentioned points to the correct glob library. I'll
send you the one I use by private mail.

Michael.