Re: Octave.app for MacOSX released

From: backspaces
Subject: Re: Octave.app for MacOSX released
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 20:40:33 -0700 (PDT)

I downloaded and installed into /Applications Octave.app from the .dmg.  I
also have gnuplot and aquaterm already installed and working together.

When I start Octave.app, I get a terminal window with octave running:
<snip>
owen|~[501]: '/Applications/octave.app/Contents/Resources/bin/octave'
GNU Octave, version 2.9.12
Copyright (C) 2007 John W. Eaton and others.
This is free software; see the source code for copying conditions.
There is ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; not even for MERCHANTIBILITY or
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  For details, type `warranty'.

Octave was configured for "i386-apple-darwin8.9.1".

Additional information about Octave is available at http://www.octave.org.

Please contribute if you find this software useful.
For more information, visit http://www.octave.org/help-wanted.html

Report bugs to <address@hidden> (but first, please read
http://www.octave.org/bugs.html to learn how to write a helpful report).

For information about changes from previous versions, type `news'.
</snip>

But when I try to plot using an example from an earlier post, I get an
error, apparently due to a configuration problem of some sort (likely a
gnuplot/aquaterm problem?)

<snip>
octave-2.9.12:1> x = linspace(0,pi,100);
octave-2.9.12:2> plot (x,sin(x))
Cannot open load file '-title'
line 0: util.c: No such file or directory

warning: broken pipe -- some output may be lost
warning: broken pipe -- some output may be lost
</snip>

Any ideas what to do?  I have not installed or used octave earlier, so
possibly I've an incomplete environment somehow.

Thanks for the help,
    Owen