Re: Octave.app for MacOSX released

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: Octave.app for MacOSX released
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 05:53:52 -0400

On Jul 10, 2007, at 11:40 PM, backspaces wrote:

I downloaded and installed into /Applications Octave.app from the .dmg. I
also have gnuplot and aquaterm already installed and working together.
But when I try to plot using an example from an earlier post, I get an error, apparently due to a configuration problem of some sort (likely a gnuplot/aquaterm problem?)

<snip>
octave-2.9.12:1> x = linspace(0,pi,100);
octave-2.9.12:2> plot (x,sin(x))
Cannot open load file '-title'
line 0: util.c: No such file or directory

warning: broken pipe -- some output may be lost
warning: broken pipe -- some output may be lost
</snip>

Any ideas what to do? I have not installed or used octave earlier, so possibly I've an incomplete environment somehow.

My 4.0 version of gnuplot complains when I try to set the title. My solution was to modify drawnow.m so that it no longer tries. IIRC this was in the following directory

        octave.app/Contents/Resources/share/octave/2.9.12/m/plot/drawnow.m

You could try doing the same.

- Paul