Re: Can I determine octave-forge version at octave prompt?

From: Keith Goodman
Subject: Re: Can I determine octave-forge version at octave prompt?
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 07:11:47 -0700

On 5/29/05, Miroslaw Kwasniak <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sat, May 28, 2005 at 03:52:39PM -0700, Keith Goodman wrote:
> > Is there a built-in variable similar to OCTAVE_VERSION in Octave Forge?
>
> OCTAVE_FORGE_VERSION

Thank you. I wish we had a lookfor function.

>> type OCTAVE_VERSION
OCTAVE_VERSION is a built-in constant
"2.9.2"

>> type OCTAVE_FORGE_VERSION
OCTAVE_FORGE_VERSION is the user-defined function defined from:
/usr/local/share/octave/2.9.2/site/m/octave-forge/miscellaneous/OCTAVE_FORGE_VERSION.m

## OCTAVE_FORGE_VERSION The release date of octave-forge, as integer YYYYMMDD
function v=OCTAVE_FORGE_VERSION
  v=20041116;
endfunction