Can I determine octave-forge version at octave prompt?

From: Keith Goodman
Subject: Can I determine octave-forge version at octave prompt?
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 15:52:39 -0700

Is there a built-in variable similar to OCTAVE_VERSION in Octave Forge?

I would like to change my Octave startup message from

disp(["Octave " OCTAVE_VERSION])

to something like

disp(["Octave " OCTAVE_VERSION " Forge " FORGE_VERSION])

Another use would be to stamp the output of your programs with version
information:

ver.your_code
ver.octave
ver.forge

(That's probably not enough information to guarantee that you can
recreate the output since octave uses external libraries like LAPACK.)