Re: Can I determine octave-forge version at octave prompt?

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Can I determine octave-forge version at octave prompt?
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 14:05:32 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 29 May 2005, Keith Goodman wrote:

On 5/29/05, Mike Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
This might help:  Try using "whos -all" then you will be in the "less"
pager and can search.  Enter "-I [enter]" to turn off case sensitivity.
Use "/" to begin a regex search.  I think that would have solved your
problem in this case.  I don't know if there is a way to basically grep
from the output of "whos -all".

"whos -all *OCTAVE*" only finds OCTAVE_FORGE_VERSION if you have
already used it (since it is a function not a built in variable).

I see.  I didn't know that.  I thought it worked like OCTAVE_VERSION.

If there where a function that dumped the help texts of all functions, we could use that to make a lookfor function.

What do you want the function to look for?

Thanks for the tips!

Mike