help-gnu-music

Re: Chord names without chords? And one other question.

From: Olaf Stetzer
Subject: Re: Chord names without chords? And one other question.
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 10:11:47 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, Rune Zedeler wrote:

> Olaf Stetzer wrote:
>

> I don't understand your question...
> Without which notes?
> What part of i.e. "The river is flowing" from the tutorial do you want
> to get rid off?

Oops, I didnt find this one. The other reply answered my question
but there are still some questions remaining (see my other reply).

> > Second, because I have two voices in the upper system the
> > slurs (the ones which hold notes with ~ )
>
> "Slurs" created with ~ are not slurs but ties.
> Try \tieUp, \tieDown.

Thanks, this was exactly what I was looking for!

Olaf

--   Olaf Stetzer  --  EC/JRC/Institute for Transuranium Elements   --
-   email to: address@hidden   or   address@hidden   -
-            concerning debian GNU/Linux: address@hidden         -
--      "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny."  Frank Zappa      --