help-gnu-music

Re: Multiple instruments

From: Laurent Martelli
Subject: Re: Multiple instruments
Date: 14 Mar 2001 04:18:18 +0100

  Eric> Hi,

  Eric> I need to include more than one instrument in my score. I've
  Eric> run thru the example "Trip" and thru all the doc without being
  Eric> able to find a way to do it.  The explanation of "an
  Eric> orchestral score" helped me to figure out the idea but I lack
  Eric> explanations on this. What I would need is a simple example of
  Eric> a two instruments score to get me started, I'm a little lost
  Eric> in the examples that I've already looked at.

Here's a small example :

\header {
  title = "Compo";
  subtitle = "G minor";
  composer = "Laurent Martelli";
}

global = \notes {
  \key g \minor;
  \time 3/4;
}

topA = \notes \relative c'' {
  \global
  \clef treble;

  a4 bes c | g a bes |
}
bottomA = \context Staff \notes \relative c {
  \global
  \clef bass;

  c2 g4 | bes2 f4 |
}
clavecinA = \context GrandStaff <
  \property GrandStaff.instrument = harpsichord
  \context Staff = treble {
    \topA
  }
  \context Staff = bass {
    \bottomA
  }

fluteA = \notes \relative g'' {
  \global
% put the note here
  g8 ees c bes c ees | g f d ees d bes |
}

%1st movement (allegro)
\score {
  \notes {
    \property Score.barNumberDirection = \up
    \context StaffGroup = sonata <
      \context Staff = flute {
        \property Staff.instrument = flute
        \fluteA