help-gnu-music

Chord names without chords? And one other question.

From: Olaf Stetzer
Subject: Chord names without chords? And one other question.
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 20:00:06 +0100 (MET)

Hello,

damn, I should have tried lilypond earlier but now I am glad
that I found it! There are two burning questions which I was not
able to answer myself by reading the documentation so far:

Is there a possibility to print chord names over the staff without
the notes? I want to print some Jazz arrangements with lilypond and
usually the chords are more or less broken or split into bass and
3-7 or 3-9 Voicings. But I still want to have the chordnames, how do
I do this?

Second, because I have two voices in the upper system the
slurs (the ones which hold notes with ~ )
tend to overlap with the notes of the other voice.
Is there a possibility to set a directive for these like for the
stems, so they alway go up when the second voice is below?

Thanks,

Olaf

please also reply to my email-adress since I have not yet subscribed
to the list.

--   Olaf Stetzer  --  EC/JRC/Institute for Transuranium Elements   --
-   email to: address@hidden   or   address@hidden   -
-            concerning debian GNU/Linux: address@hidden         -
--      "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny."  Frank Zappa      --