help-gnu-music

Re: Install

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Install
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 19:04:18 +0100

> Would it be possible for you to send a .exe file due to the fact that i can
> not install from your home page.

I'm not sure what you mean by "could not install".
Anyway, Lilypond is easiest to install on Linux, but there are
some versions available (though not the most recent ones) that
could be installed on Windows 95/98 or NT.
I'd recommend to try the lily-1.3.119-w32.exe available from
http://appel.lilypond.org/lilypond/gnu-windows/cygwin-1.1.4/bin/installer/
or the lilypond-1.2.0-95 (or -nt if you use NT) from
http://home.austin.rr.com/jbr/jeff/lilypond/
if you want an older, so-called stable version.

Since Lilypond is constantly evolving, you should consult the
documentation corresponding to the version you install,
see http://appel.lilypond.org/lilypond/websites.phtml.

    /Mats