help-gengetopt

[help-gengetopt] gengetopt 2.22b-2 beta issues

From: Papp Gyozo (VBuster)
Subject: [help-gengetopt] gengetopt 2.22b-2 beta issues
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2007 17:04:23 +0100

Hi Lorenzo,

now finally I had a little time to test these defmode/modeoption stuff a little
deeper. Some minor issues with the recent beta package I found today at and
downloaded from:

http://rap.dsi.unifi.it/~bettini/gengetopt-2.22b.tar.gz

1) order of lines in case of --help differs from --full-help:
in `--help':

"Operation modes and settings:

  Non-absolute pathnames are relative to the executable's directory.

 Mode: standalone"

in full help:

"Mode: standalone

Operation modes and settings:

  Non-absolute pathnames are relative to the executable's directory."

The correspoding code snippet from .ggo file is:

option "match-in-archive"   m
        "toggles basename pattern matching on files inside archives and mails.
`--pattern' turns its default value to 'off' implicitly."
        flag on
        hidden

section "Operation modes and settings" sectiondesc="\nNon-absolute pathnames
are relative to the executable's directory.\n"
defmode "standalone"

modeoption  "quarantine"    y ...

My question is where to put defmode?

2) Even more interesting is that on Windows (gengetopt built with Mingw) right
after printing out "Mode: standalone" line the program terminates (possibly
without error) and does not print anything else. Full help seems ok tough.

3) The reason why I'm suspecting there is indeed a bug is that even on Windows
the very same gengetopt binary prints the correct preview both with `--help'
and `--full-help' The ggo options I used are:

  -Foptions_vbuster -fgetoptions -acmdline_options -uTARGETS -CeN

+) Apart from this which may be nothing to do with defmode/modeoptions the mode
stuff I've been waiting for a long time seems to work.

Thanks a lot and many appreciation! Good job