help-gengetopt

Re: [help-gengetopt] gengetopt 2.22b-2 beta issues

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: Re: [help-gengetopt] gengetopt 2.22b-2 beta issues
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 16:55:59 +0100

Hi there

I think I found the problem and fixed it:

http://rap.dsi.unifi.it/~bettini/gengetopt-2.22b.tar.gz

it's also in the CVS

by the way, I don't whether I reproduced your problem completely (I'd need the actual .ggo file), but I detected a problem in the --help|--full-help string generation, and I think this should fix your problem too

I look forward to hearing from you

cheers
        Lorenzo

Gyozo Papp wrote:
Hi Lorenzo,

(*) this package is also downloaded from the same URL
http://rap.dsi.unifi.it/~bettini/gengetopt-2.22b.tar.gz but a month ago or so.
there's a new package available (uploaded few days ago);

Ok, I've downloaded it yesterday or a day before (2007-11-05 to be precise).

I'll try to take a look into this issue; it does not surprise me that
there are still some bugs: I hadn't tested this feature a lot ;-)

Yes, sure but never mind. The strange thing is that I managed to
reorder my option in a way that  help page was correct. It's ok for me
now but this ensures me it's really a bug. Unfortunately, I lost the
way in gengetopt sources when I tried to debug it. :(

--
Lorenzo Bettini, PhD in Computer Science, DSI, Univ. di Firenze
ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     (GNU/Linux User # 158233)