help-gengetopt

Re: [help-gengetopt] gengetopt 2.22b-2 beta issues

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: Re: [help-gengetopt] gengetopt 2.22b-2 beta issues
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 19:17:17 +0100

Papp Gyozo (VBuster) wrote:
Hi Lorenzo,

I think my suspectation is affirmed but I haven't dig down to gengetopt.

The previous 2.22b w/o mode support (*) generated a much longer init_help_array from
mostly the same .ggo (I had to remove defmode and replace modeoption with simple options,
of course.) The interesting thing is that the array is truncated right after the first
"defmode" line (from debugger):

+       [12]    0x00435b48 "      --all-files              no matching at all, each
file will be scanned."
+       [13]    0x00435ebc "
 Mode: standalone"
+       [14]    0x00000000 ""

(*) this package is also downloaded from the same URL
http://rap.dsi.unifi.it/~bettini/gengetopt-2.22b.tar.gz but a month ago or so.

there's a new package available (uploaded few days ago);

I'll try to take a look into this issue; it does not surprise me that there are still some bugs: I hadn't tested this feature a lot ;-)

thanks for the feedback
        Lorenzo

--
Lorenzo Bettini, PhD in Computer Science, DSI, Univ. di Firenze
ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     (GNU/Linux User # 158233)