guix-devel

Re: Testing the installer

From: Mathieu Othacehe
Subject: Re: Testing the installer
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2020 10:41:23 +0100

Hey!

> I’ve pushed ‘wip-installer-test’, which implements said protocol.  See
> screenshot below!  :-)

Woow, that's impressive :)

I just gave you access to Guile-newt repository so that you can
integrate your changes. I will create a new release once its done.

In the future, I would have liked to keep open the possibility of having
one installer with multiple graphical backends (newt, gtk, cli). That
would mean that we would need to factorize the protocol part in the
backend agnostic part of the installer.

Anyway, for now it would be completely over-engineered, as we don't know
yet if a new backend will come one day.

Please let me know if you want help on some point but, I think that I'll
try to tackle the "installer cannot restart issue".

Thanks,

Mathieu