guix-devel

Re: How should ambiguous package specifications be handled?

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: How should ambiguous package specifications be handled?
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2020 10:26:48 +0100

Christopher,

Christopher Baines 写道:
We've had one for a while (itstool 2.0.6), and another has recently been
introduced (sassc 3.6.1).

Thanks for noticing this!

The sassc variant being visible was definitely a mistake. I added it as a local variable first and forgot to hide it after changing my mind. This is now fixed.

Given there do seem to be ways of avoiding these ambiguous package
specifications, would it be helpful to have a lint warning that
identifies a package as being ambiguous (as it shares the name and
version with another package)?

That's a good idea at the very least. I don't think such duplication is ever justified.

Kind regards,

T G-R