grub-devel

Re: Roadmap for LUA support in GRUB

From: Bean
Subject: Re: Roadmap for LUA support in GRUB
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 02:12:38 +0800

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 11:34 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <address@hidden> wrote:
> A scripting language that is actively maintained and used for writing
> extensions
> to GRUB. My original understanding was that Lua would fit this description,
> now it seems that it was more like an odd experiment in GRUB trunk.
>
> IOW, at the moment -- if I need to script GRUB my only portable choice would
> be,
> unfortunately, its internal shell. With the current state of things I
> can't rely on
> Lua always being there for me.

Hi,

I like the LUA language, actually It's me who add it in the first
place. Some of  the purpose is detection of OS items at runtime, and
interaction with graphic menu system.  And honestly, I'm not happy
with it being removed from main repository as this make it harder to
maintain.

But no worry, I've created a fork project BURG that contains some
brand-new features, the LUA engine will be added back soon.

--
Bean

My repository: https://launchpad.net/burg
Document: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Burg