grub-devel

Re: Google's Summer of Code 2008 / GRUB 2

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: Google's Summer of Code 2008 / GRUB 2
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 09:54:56 +0200

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 11:47:36AM +0200, Marco Gerards wrote:

> First of all, the code.  I think it would be a good idea if I would
> send in patches for my code so it will be immediately integrated into
> GRUB 2.

I'd prefer if the GSoC stuff was merged at the end of summer, or at least
when it is fully functional.

My concern is not as mentor but as Debian maintainer.  We're trying to
stabilize for a release currently;  major reorganization of the code
without enough timeframe to stabilize will force us to branch quite early,
which I'd rather avoid if possible.

Thanks for considering ;-)

--
Robert Millan

"The technological evasion of the license is as unacceptable as the
 legal evasion of the license [...].  That's the provision in section
 1 regarding keys. [...]  We say one thing: when you sell somebody a
 home... give him the keys"  -- Eben Moglen on GPLv3